Monday, December 29, 2008

Hola Tinto!

"Here's to the corkscrew - a useful key to unlock the storehouse of wit, the treasury of laughter, the front door of fellowship, and the gate of pleasant folly." -- W.E.P. French

I had the pleasure of visiting my friends Kathy, MC, and Chris last week for some meatball sandwiches and a few laughs. Kathy served up these delectable delights that soothed the heart and palate and we made our sorrows cease with wine from Sicily and Spain. We savored these sorts:

Alabanza Tinto, 2004
What a find! This full flavored yet soft finishing red caught me off gaurd. I thought, hey, why not try a low priced red from Spain since I've had some great ones before (the Panarroz Red, 2006, a classic MGS blend). This one came through with fruit and cheer for only $2!

Planeta La Segreta Rosso, 2007
Sicily is calling out! A wonderful blend of Nero D'Avola, Merlot, and Syrah, this rich, tasty red fills the palate with sumptuous fruit and a satisfying finish. What a perfect pair with our meatball sandwiches!

I picked them both up at my local BevMo. The Planeta La Segreta Rosso was also very nicely priced, only $10. Lot's of smiles for not a lot of coin.

Cheers,
Tony

No comments: