Monday, February 11, 2008

This past Saturday I had the privilage of tasting a fine Pinot Noir from France's Bourgogne (say Burgandy) region. Though the word "Bourgogne" on the label is a more generic classification, I was pleased to find that this wine didn't disappoint. The Joseph Droughin Laforet Pinot Noir 2005 displayed perky fruit flavors with slight acidity and well rounded aromas. You can pair it with light pasta dishes or even seafood.



I also mixed up this little libation:

3/4 oz Calvados (apple brandy)
1/4 oz bar syrup
3 (or more) oz Champane or Sparkling wine
1 slice lemon peel

Shake calvados and bar syrup over ice and strain into a Champagne flute. Fill with your favorite champagne. Garnish with a slice of lemon peel. Enjoy!

Cheers,
Tony

2 comments:

Anaheim RaiderHater said...

"I'm a glutton, but no merrymaker." -- Templeton the Rat

Upon re-reading that quote, I naturally thought of you.

dil8d halo said...

True, I'm no merrymaker. More of a roisterer...