Monday, January 28, 2008

Veni, Vidi, Vino!

Welcome to Tastings with Tony, where I hope to explore the wonderful worlds of food, wine, and cocktails. Here we'll speak freely, avoiding pretentious stuffiness, while discussing the virtues of three of my favorite things in life! Won't you join me?

To begin the adventure, try this wonderful California Cabernet Sauvignon from Sausel.


It's one of my favorite Cabernets and exhibits luscious black fruits and a long, smooth finish. Perfect with a grilled rib eye!

Or, if you prefer, this simple cocktail:
1 1/2 oz. Lillet Blanc
1/2 oz. Triple Sec
1/2 oz. fresh sour (equal parts lime juice and simple syrup or bar syrup)
1/2 tsp Campari
Shake Lillet, Triple Sec, and sour with ice then strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Pour Campari in slowly so that it sinks to the bottom of the glass. Cheers!
Tony

6 comments:

MLD said...

Ooooh! I look forward to reading your posts.
-Michelle

RUSHLVRS said...

Vreau vin indeed! Keep it coming...

Anaheim RaiderHater said...

Harumph! If you will not have pretentious stuffiness, then I will have nothing to do with your blog.

girlinthegroup said...

I lift my glass to the new blog and am looking forward to trying some new cocktails!!!

dil8d halo said...

Thank you all! I hope to keep this one up.

I discovered last night that making that cocktail with Grand Marnier, instead of triple sec, adds a bit more depth of flavor. I think I'll call it a Lillet Sunrise...

WiseAndEck said...

I really wish I drank. Because I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.